OK, local artists, it’s time to get your designing pants on. The Louisville Independent Business Alliance (LIBA) is sponsoring a logo contest for the 2015 Buy Local Fair, and it wants all local artists and graphic designers on deck.
According to a press release, the design should “represent Louisville and its unique local flavor — and its weirdness!” So, the weirder the better, it seems. But to be more specific, here are a few guidelines to follow, in case you’re already getting your Adobe suite software (or your water colors and brushes) fired up:
- LIBA/Keep Louisville Weird logos are not necessary within design concepts.
- Artwork submissions must contain the following language: Buy Local Fair, 2015
- Submit entries as an EPS/Vector file.
- Images must be 300 pixels-per-inch or higher resolution and in CMYK mode.
- Artists should include their signature on or within the design. The winning artist will be credited on all printed merchandise on which the logo is used.
- This call for art is an awareness opportunity. The winning artist will not be eligible for or receive any proceeds from the sale of fair-logoed merchandise, media, event collateral, etc.
- LIBA will ask the winning artist to attend the Buy Local Fair, May 17, 2015, noon-6 p.m., at Water Tower Park.
- Winning artist must be able and willing to make small edits to the design if requested by LIBA, and perform the edits in a timely manner.
The winning artist will receive $100, and their design will be featured on event posters, T-shirts and more. The Buy Local Fair will feature more than 150 local art vendors, local food and drinks, and live music from local bands.
Artists must submit designs by end of day Friday, Feb. 6. Submissions can be sent to [email protected]