Kids can choose from gifted/talented summer camps and brain-building events across Kentucky
But just in case you’ve been as busy as the rest of us, Kentucky Association for Gifted Education, or KAGE, at Western Kentucky University has compiled its annual list of summer opportunities/camps in Kentucky of interest to gifted students:
2012 Summer Opportunities in Kentucky of Interest to Gifted and Talented Students
Compiled by the Kentucky Association for Gifted Education (KAGE)
The summer programs listed here are just a sample of the opportunities available to gifted students. Your child’s teacher or district G/T coordinator may be able to provide you with additional options. We found that many Kentucky universities and community colleges offer summer programs that would be of interest to high-ability young people. We suggest thinking about your child’s interests, and looking accordingly – for instance, many musical and theatre companies, museums, and nature preserves and parks offer summer camps
Statewide, the list of summer camps and special educational events across Kentucky is long … like three .pdf pages long on the KAGE website, which you can access here.
So we thought we’d lift a few of the Louisville events. Note that registration dates have passed, but you never know when slots may open up, so it’s probably worth inquiring:
- Brown-Forman INSPIRE Program at Speed School of Engineering, University of Louisville: Ethnic minority and females, 9th – 11th grades, June 12 – 29, 2012 (deadline April 16th) Contact: Brenda Hart, email@example.com, (502) 850-0440.
- Camp Invention, Various Locations around Kentucky. Contact: The link is here for locations and camp information visit.
- Kentucky Association for Academic Competition (KAAC) Governor’s Cup Summer Camps, Springfield, KY, St. Catherine’s College High School: June 12 – 15, 2012; Middle School: June 19 – 22, 2012. Contact: www.kaac.com/governors-cup-summer-camps/
- Space Adventure Camp, University of Louisville Natatorium, Rising grades 2 – 4, June 18 – 22 and July 16 – 20, 2012. Contact: louisville.edu/planetarium/kids-programming/summer-camps.html.
- Summer 2012 Youth Camps at Bellarmine University. Different classes for different ages, various times June and July, 2012 Contact: (502) 272-8166, www.bellarmine.edu/ce/summeryouthcamps.aspx.
- Summer Arts 2012 Dance, Drama, Music, Visual Arts, (Sacred Heart School for the Arts). Ages 4 – 18, various times in June and July, 2012 Contact: David Thurmond, (502) 897-1816, dthurmond@sacretheartschools, www.sacredheartschools.org/arts/