UPDATED JUNE 11: Varanese restaurant will host a six-course dinner paired with wines from the vineyard of Francis Ford Coppola at 6:30 p.m. on June 19 and 20.
Originally, the dinner was slated for just one night, but strong demand led to a second offering.
According to a news release, Dave Razzano of Coppola Winery will be the guest speaker, and guests will have the opportunity to win prizes based on their Coppola movie trivia IQ.
Even better will be the chance to taste the Cask Cabernet, which retails for $150-$200 per bottle, but will be poured with the meal’s fourth course.
Cost is $65 person plus tax and gratuity, and vegetarian, vegan or food-only options are available.
To reserve your seat, call 899-9904.
On the menu:
- First course: Sofia Blanc de Blanc paired with stuffed squash blossoms with prosciutto and cream cheese served with a Dumante pear puree and pistachio powder
- Second course: Votre Sante Chardonnay paired with butter-poached monk fish served in a seafood tomato broth with caramelized fennel arancini garnished with grissini breadstick
- Third course: Director’s Cut Pinot Noir paired with warm duck confit tossed with baby arugula, duck crackling, sliced cherry tomatoes finished with cherry balsamic drizzle
- Fourth course: Director’s Cut Cinema paired with gnochi with house-cured soppresata sausage, Kalamata olives, roasted peppers and snow pea tendrils topped with shaved Asiago cheese
- Fifth course: Rubicon Estate Cask Cabernet Sauvignon paired with beef tenderloin medallion and braised short rib served over panzanella with roasted garlic and rosemary
- Sixth course: Diamond Merlot paired with white chocolate cake with mascarpone chocolate mousse, coffee amaretto glaze and blueberry compote