Joy Merrilees, winemaker at Steel, will be the special guest speaker.
Cost is $65 per person (plus tax and gratuity) and vegetarian and/or food only option available.
For reservations, call 502-899-9904.
On the menu:
- First course: Pinot Blanc, sushi, torched scallop atop shrimp, avocado and mango
- Second course: Aligote, grilled peach, goat cheese and arugula salad with honey-bourbon vinaigrette and crushed toasted hazelnuts
- Third course: Blue Franc, blueberry bbq boneless chicken thigh with shaved brussels sprout and heirloom carrot slaw
- Fourth course: Catfish Zinfandel, chili spice rubbed pork tenderloin topped with tomato-jalapeno jam served with crispy fried chorizo and cheddar cheese potato cake
- Fifth course: Red Hill Cabernet, grilled porterhouse lamb chop served with a tomato and feta cheese tartlet and finished with a basil-mint pesto
- Sixth course: Chardonnay Ice Wine, bacon fat fried brioche toast with a fig jam served with house made bacon-banana ice cream topped with a whipped sweetened cream cheese.
* On a separate note, Varanese will celebrate its fifth year in operation on Monday, August 20, with live jazz and special drink and appetizer prices 5 to 11 p.m. Come join the celebration!