Cibo, Divertimento, e la Famiglia
Translated: Food, Fun, and Family, which happens to be the official theme of Jeffersonville Italian Festival 2012.
Adrienne and Co. Bakery Cafe is hosting the third annual Italian Festival in downtown Jeffersonville on Fri., Sept. 21 through Sunday, Sept. 23.
Organizers promise the feel and food of an authentic Italian neighborhood street festival in “Little Italy” without leaving Southern Indiana.
Here are event details:
Friday, September 21—5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturday, September 22—11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Sunday, September 23—11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Admission: $3.00 per person; free admission for children 5 and under.
- Location: Downtown Jeffersonville at 129 West Court Ave., between Pearl and Spring streets.
- Saturday featured performers—The Sultans of Swing from St. Louis is a swing band playing great dance music by artists from the Great American Songbook and contemporary hits, as well as classic Italian songs.
- Sunday featured performer—Steve Fazzini from Youngstown, Ohio is a “crooner” in the classic lounge style performing the songs of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin, as well as many other standards and contemporary songs.
- Individuals and Group Contests: Spaghetti, cake, and cannoli eating
- Beautiful Bambino Contest
- Children’s Games and Activities
- Italian folk dancing lessons for adults and children
- Bocce court—the traditional Italian lawn game
Here’s a quick history of the event:
2010: First Annual Jeffersonville Italian Festival was a one-day event on Saturday in June on the hottest day of the year but still drew over 1,800 guests from Southern Indiana and Kentucky.
2011: Second Annual Jeffersonville Italian Festival was expanded to two days on Saturday and Sunday in September one week after the closing of the Sherman Minton Bridge and beginning of traffic delays but still drew more than 2,500 guests from Southern Indiana and Kentucky.
2012: Third Annual Jeffersonville Italian Festival is expanded to three days over the weekend and is expected to draw 4,000 people.
Contact for additional Information: Bernie Pasquantino, festival coordinator and owner, Adrienne & Co. Bakery & Café 129 W. Court Ave., Jeffersonville.
Email: bernie(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)cakestoday.com