Varanese will present a five-course dinner paired with wines from Saint Hallett Barossa on Monday, October 1.
According to a news release, a reception begins at 6:30 p.m. with dinner following at 7.
Stuart Blackwell, senior wine maker at Saint Hallett, a vineyard in Australia’s Barossa Valley, will be on hand to talk to guests about the wines paired with the evening’s menu.
Blackwell’s winemaking career spans four decades, starting at Barossa in 1973. As senior winemaker at Saint Hallett, Blackwell has developed an appreciation of “old vine” Shiraz grapes. Price for the meal and wine is $55 per person plus tax and gratuity.
Reservations are required and can be made by calling 502-899-9904.
- Reception wine: Eden Valley Riesling
- First course: crispy Australian baramundi and vegetable fritter topped with a spicy chili butter sauce, paired with Poacher’s Blend
- Second course: pepperberry bbq prawns served with fried shrimp toast and intensity micro greens, paired with Game Keeper’s Blend
- Third course: blackened gator bites with tobiko caviar hollandaise and sautéed rainbow Swiss chard, paired with Faith Shiraz Borossa
- Fourth course: char crusted grilled lamb chop, served over truffled sunchoke puree and sautéed snow peas and finished with a roasted tomato demi, paired with Blackwell Shiraz Barossa
- Fifth course: honey and orange blossom mousse with graham cracker brittle, shaved white chocolate curls and key lime meringue topped with macadamia nut powder, paired with Argyle Minus Five