According to a news release, a reception will begin at 6:30 p.m. and will be followed by dinner at 7.
We have selected the 2011 Ca’Rossa Roero Arneis DOCG as the reception wine. Then the 2009 Bricco del Sole Chardonnay, the 2011 Elio Altare Dolcetto d’Alba DOC, the 2011 Mauro Veglio Barbera d’Alba, the 2008 Gianfranco Alessandria Barolo, and the 2011 Bricco del Sole Moscato d’Asti will all be paired with seasonally inspired dishes from executive chef John Plymale and sous chef Hollis Barnett.
Reservations are required and can be made by phone at 502.894.8686 or via Open Table. The cost of the event is $80 per guest plus tax and gratuity.
- First course: Mixed greens with toasted hazelnuts dried apricots and warm paglia cheese topped with champagne vinaigrette paired with 2009 Bricco del Sole Chardonnay
- Second course: Lasagnette tossed in a peperonata sauce with crumbled goat cheese and crispy fried capicolla paired with 2011 Elio Altare Dolcetto d’ Alba
- Third course: Duck sausage and crispy fried butternut squash polenta drizzled with a cranberry duck glaze paired with 2011 Mauro Veglio Barbera d’ Alba
- Fourth course: Pork osso bucco with golden beet and gorgonzola gratin finished with a natural pan sauce paired with 2008 Gianfranco Alessandria Barolo
- Fifth course: Mascarpone filled zeppole mirrored with black raspberry preserves paired with 2011 Bricco del Sole Moscato d’ Asti.