According to a news release, the dinner is the latest installment in the Bourbon and Broadway series and celebrates the arrival of the hit musical “Jersey Boys,” presented by Broadway in Louisville. In addition to the meal, attendees can meet Four Roses Brand Ambassador Al Young, and also register to win a pair of tickets to “Jersey Boys.”
(There is no purchase necessary to win tickets. Stop by Varanese from 6:30 to 7 p.m. nightly to enter.)
The price for the dinner is $49, plus tax and gratuity, per person.
Reservations are required and can be made by calling 502-899-9904.
Young, Four Roses brand ambassador, has a wealth of industry knowledge and experience that spans four decades. In addition to being an Ambassador, Mr. Young is a historian and author. His recently published book, Four Roses: The Return of a Whiskey Legend, not only features the history of Four Roses, but also a history of bourbon itself.
The menu, prepared by Owner and Chef John Varanese, for the evening is as follows.
- Reception: Four Roses Small Batch Bourbon champagne cocktail
- First course: Four Roses Bourbon flight, beef tartar, lobster and foie gras crostini served on bourbon barrel stave
- Second course: frisee salad topped with julienne apples, toasted pine nuts and crispy pork belly drizzled with a bourbon-bacon vinaigrette
- Third course: Four Roses Single Barrel crabapple Manhattan bourbon barrel smoked pork chop with potatoes gratin topped with apple-bacon chutney … or … smoked salmon and linguine tossed with sundried tomatoes, capers and baby spinach in a goat cheese cream sauce
- Fourth course: house-made toffee and marshmallow bread pudding topped with a bourbon caramel sauce served with sea salt and caramel ice cream.