Homearama is a Louisville favorite … assuming you don’t happen to attend on a day of extreme heat, or as I did recently, in a torrential downpour dodging work trucks and lightning bolts.
But less-than-optimal weather conditions aside, it is a great chance to see what some of Louisville’s elite home builders create for the high end of our real estate market. “Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous” meets Louisville Oaks Day.
This year’s Homearama is being held at Spring Farm Lake, just outside the Gene Snyder Expressway off Wolf Pen Branch Road in Prospect. Run by the recently re-branded Building Industry Association of Greater Louisville (BIA), this year’s event is open to the public starting July 11 and runs through the 26th.
The “sneak peak” to industry insiders gave me a chance to snap these photos and give you the numbers for this year’s event.
- Spring Farm Lake has 34 lots.
- 29 of these lots are already sold, leaving five available to purchase.
- Lot prices range from $125,000-$200,000.
- Homearama 2015 includes 11 homes.
- These 11 homes range in price from $775,000-$1.4 million.
- There are eight custom home builders in this year’s event.
For ticket information, hours and more, head over to the official Homearama website.
There’s still some work to be done with most of these properties. As long as weather cooperates, and that might be a long shot, all 11 homes will be ready for public viewing on July 11.