“These promotions prove that GLI is committed to the professional growth of its hard working employees and efficient use of our member’s investment,” Oyler said, adding that the employees “have given years of exceptional service to grow this organization and GLI is happy to be able to recognize their talent and hard work.”
GLI outlined the transitions as follows:
- Sarah Davasher-Wisdom is now chief operating officer; she previously was senior vice president for public affairs and strategy.
- Deana Epperly Karem is vice president of regional growth; she previously was VP for economic development.
- Brian Jones is vice president of membership and development; he previously was VP of membership.
- Shawna Burton is executive director of engagement and marketing; she previously was director of events.
- Christy Corum is executive director of finance and administration.
- Lisa Bajorinas is executive director of EnterpriseCorp.
- Lisa Young is executive director of membership.
- Sydney Doctor is director of events.
- Marie McCormick is marketing manager.
Insider reported back in February that GLI might be undergoing the process of right-sizing by not replacing a number of high-ranking employees who departed.
As part of Monday’s announcement, Oyler also said GLI would not fill the senior vice president position vacated when Carlos Phillips left the organization. Phillips — who served as the chamber’s VP of operations and membership — accepted a position as CEO of the Greenville (S.C.) Chamber of Commerce.
Currently, GLI is hiring for two positions: an economic development manager and a manager of talent development, attraction and retention.