Rock royalty, The Who, played the YUM! Center just a couple of weeks ago. Just yesterday, we wrote about the massive popularity of Downton Abbey on KET and British MINIs on Louisville highways. And of course, Louisville transplant Matthew Barzun is rumored to be the front runner to be the U.S. Ambassador to the U.K.
From Mar. 11-15, the British Consulate-General in Chicago will take over an office space in the National City Tower complex at 4th and Main Streets to hobnob with civic, business, education, law enforcement and non-profit leaders.
Members of the public are also invited to pop in at the pop-up and learn more about traveling or studying in Britain.
According to the Washington D.C. Embassy website, among the scheduled events are:
- a bourbon vs. Scotch tasting with Greater Louisville International Professionals and Young Professionals Association of Louisville.
- a performance by The Band of the Scots Guards And The Pipes, Drums, Highland Dancers of The Black Watch 3rd Battalion at the Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts.
- an open house for high school students interested in studying in the United Kingdom.
- a luncheon speech by the British Consul General to the World Affairs Council.
- a business briefing hosted by the World Trade Center.
- a showcase of the best of British design and manufacturing with vehicles on display from MINI of Louisville, Commonwealth Motorcycles and Gibbs Sports Amphibians.