It’s probably best to avoid the malls the day after Christmas — no need to fight for a parking space only to wait in the return line for hours. Those Lucky jeans can be swapped out another day. But if that Christmas cash is burning a hole in your pocket, perhaps you can peruse the shops and restaurants along Frankfort Avenue during the monthly FAT Friday Trolley Hop, which is planned for Dec. 26.
Trolleys will run along the avenue — from Cannons Lane to River Road — from 4-8 p.m., and many of the businesses will offer food, drinks and discounts.
This month’s special activities include:
- The Wine Rack, 2632 Frankfort Ave., will host a wine and cheese sampling from 6-8 p.m.
- eyedia, 1631 Mellwood Ave., will have all Christmas items at 70 percent off and a special selection of furniture and home décor at 50 percent off.
- At Home on The Avenue, 2048 Frankfort Ave., will have a 50 percent off sale.
- Heine Brothers, 2714 Frankfort Ave., will offer $1 off all holiday seasonal drinks.
- Vint, 2309 Frankfort Ave., will offer $1 off all holiday seasonal drinks.
- A Reader’s Corner Bookstore, 2044 Frankfort Ave., will give “hoppers” 20 percent off their purchase, 50 percent off selected Christmas books and a buy-one-get-one-free sale in the two fiction rooms.
- The Irish Rover, 2319 Frankfort Ave., will host a traditional Irish music Seisuin (informal jam session) in the bar area at 8 p.m.
- Varanese Restaurant, 2106 Frankfort Ave., will host drink specials and live jazz music.