Last modified: January 2, 2018
- On this Site and your interaction with us.
- In email and/or any other electronic messages between you and this Site.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising and Google DoubleClick) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features, register on the Site, make any purchases through the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us by email at [email protected] or by telephone at (502) 536-7407.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, email address, zip code, billing address, mailing address, phone number, payment card information, any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline, and any other information you choose to provide (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as feedback, product preference, anonymous input, and demographic information; and
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and usage details.
We will never sell or share any personal information you give to us as a reader or an email subscriber, and we will never use your personal information to contact you without permission.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, including communicating with us via third party social media sites, and communicating with us via our Contact link.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include, but is not limited to, usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to become a member of our Site, providing inside news, signing up for our newsletter, contacting us through the Site, or requesting further services or events.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site, including financial information through the registration process through our Site.
- Your search queries on the Site.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Site, or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies, and other tracking technologies.
As you use this website, cookies will be placed on your device by our software partner, ORBTR, so that we can better understand what you are interested in on our website. This software serves the legitimate interest of helping us personalize content and better serve you as a customer. ORBTR software monitors your activity on this website (ORBTR cookies do not track your movements beyond this site) completely anonymously until such time as you voluntarily supply our company with personal information such as your name, email address, postal address, or telephone number. Methods of providing contact information may include filling out a form, making a purchase on this website, commenting on our blog, or participating in our email marketing. This information is for our company’s use only, it not used by ORBTR or their partner companies in any way except to serve our account. ORBTR will not sell/share/rent your information to any other ORBTR customers/clients, nor will they sell/share/rent your information to any third party. If you wish to opt-out of this tracking, please visit https://orbtr.net/opt-
Google DoubleClick sends a cookie to the browser after any impression, click, or other activity that results in a call to our server. If the browser accepts the cookie then the cookie is stored on the browser.
Most commonly, Google DoubleClick sends a cookie to the browser when a user visits a page that shows Google DoubleClick ads. Pages with Google DoubleClick ads include ad tags that instruct browsers to request ad content from our servers. When our server delivers the ad content, it also sends a cookie. But a page does not have to show Google DoubleClick ads for this to happen; a page just needs to include Google DoubleClick ad tags, which might load a click tracker or impression pixel instead.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies, including Google DoubleClick, or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. You can learn more about Google Advertising Privacy and Terms at https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To respond to comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your membership, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities on our Site.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using our Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Insider Media Group, Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Insider Media Group, Inc. about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Insider Media Group, Inc., our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Promotional Offers from Insider Media Group, Inc. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by us to promote our events or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected] If we have sent you a promotional email, you may follow the unsubscribe link provided on the promotional email to be omitted from future email distributions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may login to your member registration or send us an email at [email protected] to request to correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected] or write us at: Insider Media Group, Inc., 200 South Fifth Street, Suite 300, Louisville, Kentucky 40202.
We take reasonable measures to help and protect your personal information from accident loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
We store and process your personal information on our computers in the United States, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable U.S. federal and state regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and date encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities. All payment card information is encrypted with 128-bit SSL encryption before it is transmitted across the network.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you or where you have chosen a password for access to login to our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site like member comment sections. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
We retain anonymous data that we collect (e.g., which pages you have browsed on our partners’ websites) .
Insider Media Group, Inc.
200 South Fifth Street, Suite 300
Louisville, KY 40202