The FAT Friday Halloween Hop next Friday, October 26 will feature a newly-expanded trolley route on Frankfort Avenue. (Do people really call it “The Avenue” or is that just a marketing push? Not judging. I like it. It reminds me of New Orleans.) The trolley will no longer turn around at Stilz Avenue; now the Hop route will stretch from Mellwood and Story Avenues all the way down to Cannons Lane.
It’s the first expansion of the route in the Hop’s 8-year history and was prompted by support from businesses on the east end of Frankfort, including Bluegrass Burgers, Patrick’s Bar, and Boombozz Pizza. The FAT Friday Trolley Hop happens on the final Friday of each month, year-round.
For the Halloween Hop, hoppers are encouraged to dress in costume. The event runs from 6 p.m. until 10 p.m. There will be refreshments, live music, and trick-or-treating for the kiddos.
According to the press release, other activities planned for the October 26th Halloween Hop include:
- A Reader’s Corner Bookstore, 2044 Frankfort Avenue, will host a book signing by Barry Bernson of his latest book Bernson’s Corner: A Reporter’s Notebook, the warm, often-hilarious account of a life spent in news, from childhood mimeograph machine to satellites and the high-definition digital universe.
- eyedia, 1631 Mellwood Avenue, will feature live music, massages, refreshments and giveaways, with a portion of the evening’s proceeds benefiting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
- The Wine Rack, 2632 Frankfort Avenue, will host a sampling of cheese and wine from 6:00pm-8:00pm and the staff will be dressed in costume.
- Flats on Frankfort, 1911 Frankfort Avenue, will host the first public showing of its newly renovated apartments.
- Jerry Heston Hairdressing, 2708 Frankfort Avenue, will offer complimentary hand massages, giveaways, refreshments, and 10% off holiday gift sets.
- Crescent Hill Trading Company, 2720 Frankfort Avenue, will serve mushroom fume prepared by Chef Finbar Kinsella with Blue Dog bread, and host live entertainment from Luke Leek.
- Spot 5 Art Gallery/Clifton Art Supply, 2005 Frankfort Avenue, will host their annual Haunted HeadQuarters Spotlight show on the patio with free admission.
- Clifton Center, 2117 Payne Street, will host 2008 Juno Award winning banjoist Jayme Stone for an “Africa to Appalachia” concert at 8:00pm. Joining him will be Yacouba Sissoko, Master Kora player from the Djely griot tradition, as well as members of Stones’ highly acclaimed band.
- The Comfy Cow, 2221 Frankfort Avenue, will celebrate its One Year Anniversary on The Avenue with live music and a costume contest! Photos of entrants will be taken between 6:00pm-9:00pm and the winner will be announced at 10:00pm.
- Third Lutheran Church, 1864 Frankfort Avenue, will host “trunk-or-treating” for the children from 6:00pm-8:00pm.
- Margaret’s Consignment, 2700 Frankfort Avenue, will host their annual Costume Contest at 7:00pm where the winner will receive a $50 gift card to Margaret’s. Tanita Gaines will provide live entertainment in the courtyard.